What should I bring with me when I drop off my computer?
- If you are having your Laptop serviced please bring the power adapter.
- If you are having your Desktop repaired you will not need to bring any cables and you only need to bring in the CPU tower (no mouse, keyboard, monitors etc.) Newer desktop computers that have a laptop type power adapter with a power brick should be brought along for service. If your not sure bring it along and we will return it to you if we don’t need it.
- If you are having Windows re-installed on your device and you have the restore disks, Windows Disks and or drivers. If you don’t have them don’t worry we can still help you however, software that was installed when the product was purchased may not be re-installed without recovery disks!
- Bring in any software that you would like installed (additional charges may apply depending upon services being performed)
- Contact us about any other devices you think you may need to bring along in order to complete your repair.
- If you have a PASSWORD to log onto your computer you will need to provide this when you bring in your computer! If you have multiple user names you will need to provide all user name passwords to ensure that your device is working properly under all users. If you are unable to provide the correct password an additional fee may apply to remove the password and complete your repair or service.
What information will I need to provide when I drop off my computer?
- You will need to provide your name, contact information and any passwords required to log onto the computer.
- Provide any details about the problem you are experiencing such as what happens, how often, if anything triggers the problem and when it started occurring. Everyone uses their computer differently. In order to ensure all of your issues are resolved please provide any and all information pertaining to the problems you have been having with your device.
Is there a customer agreement that I will have to sign?
No, but we do have some basic policies that each client should be aware of and understand – they are:
- I understand that in some cases my data cannot be saved and that “Jester’s Computer Services” cannot be held liable for the loss, alteration or corruption of my data.
- I understand that hardware failure can occur at anytime and that “Jester’s Computer Services” cannot be held liable for any hardware failure that may occur.
- I understand that in some cases repairs done to my hardware may void the manufacturers warranty and that “Jester’s Computer Services” is not liable for voided warranties.
- I understand that if I do not pick up my computer within 30 days of the drop off date I forfeit the items left behind to cover the cost of services preformed by “Jester’s Computer Services” .
- I understand that payment is required when the product is picked up.
- I understand that any parts special order parts may require payment in full before they will be ordered.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that all issues indicate in my support request have been resolved within 5 business days else brought to the attention of “Jester’s Computer Services” for further investigation without incurring additional fees.
Will my data be erased?
It is always recommended that you back up any important data. We cannot be held responsible for lost, corrupt or damaged data. We will never delete your data without your permission however, your hardware can fail at anytime. Your hard drive is not a permanent storage device, you should keep two copies of all important data at all times.